Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Serves: 12 Cheese Sticks
Prep Time: 3 hr. 25 min. (2 hrs. inactive) Cook Time: 8 min.
Who doesn't love a good cheese stick. Just check out that pull! I love them, they are one of my favorite things, but I am also working on being healthier, so I wanted to create an alternative that wasn't fried. Now, I'm sharing that with you!
- Trim cheese sticks to a length of about 4 inches. Place on a lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Set up three shallow plates
- In the first, place your flour
- Your egg plus egg yolk and 1 tbsp of water whisked together
- Breadcrumbs, garlic, and Italian seasoning
- Working in small batches, remove cheese sticks from freezer, roll lightly in flour, then egg mixture and lastly breadcrumbs.
- Return immediately to freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spread olive oil over cheese sticks.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
Sulli Says: You can still of course fry these until they are golden brown, but I promise you, you won't miss the oil at all with this method!